Lawn watering is limited all year in South Florida by the South Florida Water Management District's Year-Round Landscape Irrigation Rule and local ordinances. Here is the schedule according to your address:
- Irrigation of existing landscaping shall comply with the following provisions:
- Even addresses, installations with irrigation systems that irrigate both even and odd addresses within the same zones, such as multi-family units and homeowners’ associations, and rights-of-way or other locations with no address as defined in Section 2 (4), shall have the opportunity to accomplish necessary landscape irrigation only on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
- Odd addresses as defined in Section 2 (12) can accomplish necessary landscape irrigation only on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Landscape irrigation shall be prohibited daily between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., except as otherwise provided herein.
- Irrigation of new landscaping shall comply with the following provisions:
- A ninety (90) day period begins the day the new landscaping is installed.
- Irrigation of new landscaping which has been in place for thirty (30) days or less may be accomplished on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and/or Sunday.
- Irrigation of new landscaping which has been in place for thirty-one (31) to ninety (90) days may be accomplished on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and/or Saturday.
Visit South Florida Water Management District for more information about lawn watering limits.
For more information, contact:
Project Coordinator-Utility Outreach